Dear Parents, appologies for not being able to have a September school holiday program. We have not been able to secure a location. Will keep you all posted. Jonathan
Over the past 30 years, Learning by Doing has been inspiring children in our “hands on” workshops. Our moto: “if you can dream it, you can build it!”.
We have an impeccable safety record with not one serious accident. The usual: splinters, tap on the finger with a hammer, scratches and minor cuts, are a given. We can guarantee these – LOL. Besides this, we are fully insured with a specialty ‘Woodwork for kids’ public liability insurance cover.
We work with small groups of children at any one time, so close attention is afforded to each child. We also encourage ‘cooperation’ between the children. This allows for more experienced children to develop self-confidence through sharing their skills with other children.
School Holiday Programs
We conduct holiday programs four times per year. Children can come along for one or more morning or afternoon workshops and build to their heart’s content. Boys and girls 4 to 14 years of age. We build projects using wood, battery operated motors and lights, solar panels and more. A wide range of projects, of varying challenge are available to the children to choose from.
- AGES: 4 - 14yrs
- WHERE: We are moving location.
- WHEN: Next Program: March / April 2019 School holidays
- TIMES: 10am - 12.30pm & 1 - 3.30pm daily
- PRICE: $60 / 2.5hr workshop
Including wood & electronic items
Afterschool "The Young Inventor's Program"
We conduct two afternoon classes per week. One for younger kids, the other for older children. During these programs, the children are encouraged to explore, invent and create “working” projects. Our motto: “If you can dream it, you can build it!”
- WHEN: 5.30pm - 7:00pm (2 classes per week)
- VENUE: To be advised. We are currently moving location
- COST: $360 / term (incl. wood, electronic items and more)
- DATES: 4th term only
Details are by direct application only as we usually only work with groups of around 6 to 8 children at a time.
Woodwork Birthday Parties
Well, what can we say… Over 2000 parties later, this is still a very popular and unique experience for many boys and girls. We come to your home, set up in the garage, on the deck or under a tree. Every child will build and take home a woodworking model of their very own. We can manage up to 32 children at any time.
- CAPACITY: up to 32 children
- VENUE: your home or local hall etc
- COST: Min. $395* for up to 12 kids. (add $22 / additional child).
- TRAVEL: FREE within 10km round trip from our head office. Additional cost applies for further distances. (Please enquire).
- WE SUPPLY: "Woodworkshop with the lot!" (no food included).
Based on 2 hour workshop for up to 12 children and party venue is within 10km round trip from our office.